Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Where's the Goop?

Kieran got kicked out of daycare yesterday for having goopy eyes (he didn't have it on Sunday and the doctor said there would be little he could do without symptoms). They already had one kid with pinkeye in the group and figured Kieran had it too.

Ken took today off (and apparently I owe him big, I'll explain in a minute) and took Kieran to the doctor. Kieran has dual ear infections (nothing new) and pinkeye, but will not be contagious after 12 hours on his medication so he can go back to daycare tomorrow.

Kieran cried nonstop for Ken for 2 hours today, finally fell asleep in the car on the way back from the doctor's office and then Ken got stuck in traffic and Kieran woke up and started crying again. I haven't heard from Ken after that (I'm hoping he made it home but I don't know).

President Bush was in downtown Baltimore today and that's what caused I-95 to be at a dead stop. One more thing to blame him for. Like I said, I owe Ken big. Ken was also able to talk with the doctor about his own history with his ears and why he's resistant to the idea of putting tubes in Kieran's ears. The doctor said he understood and would do everything possible to avoid that route. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: