Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend in Review

So, again, I am a horrible family member as I have yet to wish my brother Charles a Happy Birthday. (Sorry!) I kept meaning to call him all weekend and then would forget before I stumbled off to bed.

And speaking of stumbling, that Kieran is going a mile a minute. He's still falling every 5-10 steps but he (usually) gets right back up and starts running again. It probably doesn't help that his pants are too long and I have to cuff them (and the cuffs fall out) and that he's still figuring out that Ochi is not a permanent fixture and he can't use the dog's back as a source of support. I felt pretty bad this weekend as I mainly ran errands and I don't think Kieran got enough time to just run around. Sunday night at 6 pm he was done. I swear he really just wanted to go to bed because he knew in the morning we'd be heading to daycare where he could run to his heart's content.

I've had some sad news from friends - at least two discoveries of cancer in August this past year and I just found out about them last week. I won't say much more here other than I'm thinking of you both and if you need anything, just ask.

This week Kieran turns the big 1-2 (that's 12 months for those who were starting to think I'd lost my mind). We're doing a small thing with just family and a few friends since Kieran really won't understand what's going on yet. Mostly I want to give him ice cream and cake and see how he reacts.

Last but definitely not least - Kieran's been working on sign language, both at daycare and at home with us. He's been using the "More" sign and the "All Done" sign when eating, which is just amazing. He uses the More sign other ways, but its hard to get what he's saying when he won't give an additional sign (More Sleep? More Food? More Bottle?) but I'm working on that with him. OK, back to work for me. Blog again soon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay! Sign language! I love it when babies are taught sign. Way to go, Gauveys!