Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Best Laid Plans...

For his party Kieran got sick. At least not throwing up sick but he was running a fever when I picked him up from daycare on Friday. He ran the temp all weekend but it broke yesterday morning (of course). He had to stay home yesterday because of daycare rules that children can't come in unless they've been fever-free for 24 hours. So I took off yesterday and took him to the doctors.

Ear infection (still). They finally gave us something for it (non-penicillin based) and hopefully that will help everything. They said the ears alone were OK (still red, still with fluid) but that with the fever they were concerned and wanted to give him a little something for it. Frustrating is that I have his 1 year appointment tomorrow and they wouldn't combine the two. So, more time off from work and I'm way behind on a lot of things.

So, more on the party in a future post (complete with photos) but basically a nice time (even if Kieran was quite sick and needy). I'm sure that everyone thinks that Kieran's got me wrapped around his little finger (he does) because I was at his beck and call while he was sick. I felt so bad and was quite upset that his very first party and he wasn't feeling well. Oh well, at least the cakes were good.

Finally a quick and late Birthday shout-out to Debbie (aka Grandma Debbie). Happy 29th (again).

No comments: