Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Birthday Story

Now that we've finally got the photos done, I thought I'd go back in time to talk about Kieran's birthday party.

My mom was gracious enough to host (I figured I'd already had Dad & Dar host the naming ceremony and Andy and Wendy hosted our baby shower - have I mentioned how lucky I am to have such a generous family). I came over early with Kieran, hoping to get him to nap early but he'd been running a fever of 102 since the night before. He was not happy overall, but managed to have a little but of fun.

Just some friends and family for this one, since it was more for me than Kieran. We got a great cake made of cupcakes and in the shape of a dragon. I did that because I thought it went well with our theme from our wedding - we got married in a castle. Yes, I know I'm a dork.



Anyway, back to the story. Kieran did go down for a nap early (ish) and mom, Ken and I got everything ready for the guests. It was a nice time and the food was great. We had a separate cake for Andy (whose birthday it actually was). Kieran was not interested in eating the cake at all but had a GREAT time finger painting with the icing.

He was not interested in opening presents either (but his cousins helped him out quite a bit). He got some wonderful gifts from everyone and he's been enjoying them immensely. Thanks to everyone. Kieran had a great first birthday party, even if he was sick and even if he won't remember it.

No comments: