Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Wonderful Friend

Milo may be leaving us soon. Last night at quarter of 4 in the morning, Ken heard something downstairs that woke him. He went downstairs only to find Milo flopping around seemingly unable to move. He calmed him, picked up after him, then fed him. He seemed to recover OK but this is not the first time this has happened. He seems to be doing this more and more often.

We'll be talking with the vet today, but with his diabetes, heart murmur, etc I'm not sure there will be much they can do for him. I'm worried about leaving him alone all day because he may end up with a heart attack, freaking out because he can't move. Or he may drown, if he can't move when he's by the water dish. Anyway - I'm upset but resigned as I knew this was coming. He's 14 years old, has had a very good life and has been a wonderful friend.

I'll keep everyone updated once we know something for certain.

No comments: