Monday, July 23, 2007

Still Sick

Ken and I have decided that if Kieran is sick again, we're grounding him. He's just not allowed. This is too much worrying.

We had a nice time in Salisbury this weekend with Stacy and Matt, went to the boardwalk, etc. Unfortunately we also had very little sleep this weekend. Kieran had never slept away from home until now. He woke up on Saturday night (also known as Sunday morning) at 12 am, 2 am, 4 am and finally up at 6 am. Since the three of us were sharing a room, this was a lot of waking up for Ken and I too.

I also do not take direction very well. The doctor told Ken that we should wait for a couple of days before starting Kieran back on formula. I had a very hard time with this since I know that Kieran gets most of his nutrition/calories from formula. So I pushed it and started him back on the sauce Saturday night (he'd been off of it since Thursday evening). He did ok with his first two feedings but the third one (at 4am) came back at us (at 6 am). He's been fine since (we put him back on 100% pedialyte - with solid foods) and I spoke with the doctor today. He said we had three options: 1 - feed Kieran only 2 oz of formula at a time (uh, not with this kid's appetite), 2 - dilute the formula or 3 - offer him soy formula. Because his stomach is still a little rumbly we need to take care not to over-do on the formula but it is important that he get back to it.

We have a well child visit for his 6 month checkup on Wednesday. If all is not 100% well at that point they'll help us out.

Finally a quick note on family tree/info. I completely spaced when I made the Mabel post. For those who are interested Mabel is the daughter of my cousin Ben and his wife Katie. This is their first child. Ben is the son of my father's twin brother, Gary. I hope this clears things up.

Love to all. Will blog again soon (and now that I've got my copy of the final Harry Potter I hereby swear I will NOT provide any spoilers).

No comments: