Thursday, June 28, 2007

Moving and Shaking

Kieran is just loving daycare. Last night I went to pick him up and he was having a grand time on their playmat area. He's really close to figuring out the crawling thing - I think. He keeps getting up on his hands, but doesn't seem to want to get up on his knees at all. It's possible he'll skip crawling in favor of walking early - he loves to be vertical.

Because he does love the standing-up thing, I'm going to try and get him an exersaucer (second-hand). I've been up on craigslist and there are several available in the area, most for about $10. It's really nice since he probably will only get about 5 months' use out of it before he outgrows it.

Mom-Vibe
Apparently I give off the "MOM" signal. I think it's visible only to children. I got to Kieran's daycare very early this morning and so had some time to sit with him before I went to work. While I was there Kieran was in a seat at the table and I was walking around putting his things away. There was one baby being fed and one baby on the lap of Miss Chrissy (in addition to Kieran). The baby on her lap reached out for me as I was standing next to her (talking to Kieran) and so I picked her up. She held tight to me for about 5-10 minutes while I stood there talking with Chrissy and to Kieran. The little girl is about 18 months old. She was a doll-baby and was having a rough morning. But it was weird to have the kid just reach out like that. I guess I'm really a mom now.

Anybody Want a Cat?
We've been trying to find a new home for Tucker (one of our cats) as he has not reacted very well to Kieran being in the house and we have no time for him. Unfortunately all of the no-kill shelters are full this time of year and none of my ads for adoption have been answered (successfully) I've gotten lots of spam from them, but no real interest. Quite a few people claiming to want him but are from other states - very fishy to me and I'm not about to let him get researched on. It's quite upsetting to see how people will try and snow you to do that.

Anyway - things here at the office are doing well. Finally caught up on most of my projects and have some time to plan for other things next week. We'll have fun going to the fireworks (or I will at least). Kieran goes to bed before they start so Ken will stay home with him while I walk down to the park. Not sure how he'll react to 1/2 hour of loud booming.

OK - that's it. Brain is now empty - will blog again soon.

No comments: