Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Clear Ears

Daycare did call me on Monday - only to tell me they thought Kieran might have an ear infection. This is one of Ken's biggest fears since he had such a bad experience with his ears as a child. Apparently there had been a rash of ear infections at daycare and they noticed Kieran pulling at his left ear when he was drinking his bottle.

I made an emergency appointment with the pediatrician that night. I left work early, got to the doctors office with about 20 minutes to spare before the appointment and waited an extra 15 before I was able to go back and see the doctor.

Just a cold.

That's it, no big worries. His fever had already broken and he's still stuffy, but it's just a cold. So, back to daycare he goes (yes, they actually take him back with a nice, contagious cold) and we're back to our normal routine...except, of course, that Ken has now caught said cold. I'm sure I'm next.

Oh well, at least he doesn't have an ear infection.

No comments: