Monday, July 16, 2007

All's Quiet at 7 pm

Kieran refuses to let me move his bedtime. I was trying to keep him up until 8pm so Ken and I had some time with him each night. Nope. There's just no keeping this kid awake (and so help you if you try). Last night we went to a concert at Riverside Park (that's a city park near our house). He loved being outside and seeing all the people. The concert started at 6:30. About 3 songs into it he was getting drowsy. As we were walking home he fell asleep. It's only a block and a half from our house!

Ah well, there are much worse things.

He's LOVING the solid foods. He's decreasing his liquids on his own in hopes that we'll increase the amount of solid foods we're feeding him. He just had his first fruit on Saturday - Bananas. He's eaten everything we've fed him so far, though the jury is still out on squash. I'm hoping he takes after Ken and is not a picky eater like myself. Seems to be headed that way now.

Had a good time on Saturday celebrating my dad's birthday early (July is our second biggest birthday month with Ken's brother Matt, his dad, my dad, my Uncle Gary, and our niece Morgan - I hope I'm not forgetting anyone here) with Andy, Wendy, Zack, Becca, Pete, Darleen and Dad. Everyone had fun and the burgers were great. Kieran loved watching Zack quack like a duck and then fall down. He thought this was very funny and kept laughing, no matter how many times Zack had done it before.

That's about it. Nothing new yet. Kieran is definitely done with us holding him. He's dying to be able to move around. He's figured out that pushing with his arms will move him backwards but doesn't seem to grasp that pushing with his feet will move him forward though he did get up and rock back and forth at the park yesterday. We'll see. I guess we have to finish kid-proofing ASAP. Love to all, blog again soon.

No comments: