Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Percentiles

Its hard not to get fixated on the percentiles they give you with each well-baby visit. Kieran's in the 10th percentile for head circumference and the 65th percentile for length (height). They wouldn't give me his body weight percentile since he's been sick and actually lost weight since his doctor's visit on the 19th.

Overall he's in great health. He'll start talking more in the coming months but no finger foods yet, which annoys me since he's DYING to feed himself. He was not happy about the shots but we both survived (I didn't faint or anything!). I'll get a full report on his mood after daycare today. He was so fast asleep that when I left him at daycare he didn't wake up. We decided to let him nap in his car seat and not wake him by taking him out.

That's all. Nothing terribly exciting about this visit. Next visit is at 9 months (I haven't made the appointment yet) sometime in October.

More Family News
Something I've been meaning to blog about but haven't. Ken's youngest brother, Ben, has joined the Marines. He's currently in training/boot camp in North Carolina and will graduate in late September. Ken will go down for the graduation but since we're still on the mend financially, I'm going to stay home with Kieran. For those who want to find out more about the Marines, I suggest a support site - www.marineparents.com. It's a great resource for information about what may be happening with your Marine as well as being able to connect with other Marine parents and loved ones. Ben - we're all thinking of you and we know you can do it (don't sweat those 18 year-olds).

No comments: