Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ask Me What My Husband Does

It's official - Ken is a lawyer. We went to the swearing in ceremony on Monday. It was quite nice actually - not boring or long (only 40 minutes total). Most interesting was that one of the Court of Appeals justices' last day was Ken's first day as a lawyer.

He's very excited and is now down in Orlando for the AILA conference. He's heartbroken about not seeing us for 5 days, but I'm sure he'll have fun at Universal and whatnot. Mostly he's there to schmooze, learn and pickup some clients.

Kieran is reacting very well to daycare. He smiles when he goes in and he smiles when I pick him up. I don't expect this to last, but it's his third day there and when he saw Miss Christy (one of his caretakers) he gave her a big smile. I was a little grumpy cuz I was right in front of him (Hey! Remember me? The woman who fed you this morning?) but I'm glad that he's enjoying it. It's better than the alternative.

He also ate an entire bowl of cereal last night. I'm going to try and do solid food twice a day. It's more for fun right now than nutrition. Just getting him used to the different textures. He ate only a few teaspoons this morning but enjoyed it anyway. That's all my news. I'm at work until 2pm today. Tomorrow until 3pm and then Friday until 4pm. Just easing Kieran into the daycare thing. OK back to work.

No comments: