Friday, June 01, 2007

The Kid Who Ate the World

Kieran got his first taste of solid food last night. He liked it and ate more than we initially planned on giving him. The book I was referring to suggested no more than one teaspoon at his first feeding. He probably ate at least a tablespoon, maybe more.

We have it on video and will be sharing it with anyone who's interested. It's pretty funny to see his reaction. We were completely convinced he'd spit it out or get fully covered in it. Kieran showed us - he even ate right from the spoon. He'd grab it after I loaded it up, pull it towards his mouth and chow down.

I thought he'd like solid food right off the bat but I never expected him to go so whole hog. We'll do another small feeding tonight. Right now the food is more for fun, getting him used to the texture and eating something other than liquid or from a bottle. Soon he'll actually have meals of this stuff.

On another note, I finally saw him roll onto his stomach last night. While we knew he could do it (we'd set him to bed on his back and he'd be on his belly in the morning), he'd never done it where either of us could see. Last night he did it in front of me (I'm not sure he was really aware I was in the room). It was funny - a three-step process. First he'd get onto his side which he's been able to do for a long time. Then he'd get a little further towards lying on his stomach, with one arm trapped underneath. Finally, he wiggles just a little so he can release that arm and voila! Now on belly. Now that he's on his stomach when he wants to be, he's also scooting with his legs - maybe he will crawl before he walks. I'm not sure. Any bets on that one?

Godzilla Movie References are Always Funny
Ken took Kieran to Games Workshop yesterday where they have large tables with scenery set up for gameplay. As no one was currently playing. Ken took Kieran and let him stand on the table (with Ken's help of course) and let him be Kieran-zilla, tromping over towns, rivers and trees. I'm mostly upset that we don't have video of this. I think I'll be sending Ken back with the camera to get pictures. I've been telling Kieran since he was born that he will learn different types of humor from different people. His mother knows that Godzilla movie references are always funny (Godzilla movies, however, not always funny).

No comments: