Monday, March 10, 2008

Teeth are For...

Kieran still seems to think they are for biting and his tantrums have increased to sulking. This morning he wanted me to open his pop beads right before we left. I told him no and he pitched a fit, then pretty much sulked all the way to daycare. I couldn't coax a smile out of that kid for the life of me. Once he was there, he was still kinda ticked at me, but in a better mood (I guess the distraction of food helps).

Anyway, we began reading Teeth are Not for Biting and No Biting! this weekend. So far it's not sinking in but we persist. He even bit Ken on Sunday, something he doesn't often do. He seems to ask forgiveness after awhile and I will say he seemed to do it less on Sunday after a day of "No Biting!" from me on Saturday. Then again, maybe that's why he bit Ken (in his mind he was OK since he wasn't biting me).

On the very cool front, I definitely have gotten "Mama" out of him. He even did it this morning when babbling to himself. I think it was a request and he was very happy to see me when I went to his room this morning. He self-regulated for daylight savings time - refusing to nap on Saturday and then falling asleep at 6 pm (what would then be 7 pm the next day). He was right on schedule yesterday, going to bed at 7. Our kid is amazing.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Teeth Are NOT For Biting... ahh memories. I can't tell you how many times I read that in the toddler room. So many times that the children learned the words and recited them while THEY flipped pages!

Let's do this instead: Chew a chewy toy... take a break... get a hug. Ummm, that feels better!

I bet if I thought about it for a minute I could recite that whole book right now.... Good times!