Monday, March 31, 2008

I've Been Banned from Daycare

We had a nice weekend. Well, I did anyway. Ken took care of Kieran while I ran around and did some shopping, got my nails done, etc. It was weird and nice to have a bit of time to myself. I definitely find that grocery shopping is much easier without Kieran in tow - but not half as entertaining.

Unfortunately as Kieran got very riled up, he began to bite. Me. And Ken. So far today he hasn't done anything at daycare, but we'll see. I riled him up good by stopping by to see him and he BAWLED when I had to go. Erica told me that she was going to have to ban me (she was joking - sort of). I don't blame her. I peeked in and he was sobbing in her arms - it was VERY hard to leave after that. But I know about 5 minutes after I was gone he was laughing and playing again.

Bad news for Kieran - Carolyn will be moving to the next room shortly. I asked if Kieran would follow and was told that it's really more of a numbers thing. That they either needed space in the Infant II room or are trying to even out the number of kids in Infant II and Pre-Toddlers (next room). Anyway, we'll see how both he and Carolyn function. He's more of a room flirt now that there are more girls around.

That's about all my news right now. He's just loving the dancing and I'm hoping that maybe tonight or tomorrow night we'll get new photos (I know, been promising those FOREVER). I've got book club tonight and a dinner out on Wednesday - wow, I'm doing good with this me-time thing :-). Love to all, will blog again soon.

2 comments:

Jana G said...

Just an update - I'm definitely banned. He cried for 20 minutes completely inconsolable. I guess separation anxiety has finally hit.

Katie said...

Awww....