Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slow Mouth

Kieran's had no incidents this week of biting at daycare. When I spoke with Nikki about it on Monday she said he had "slow mouth" which meant that he was thinking about it before he actually bit anyone. A big improvement. It allows for easier intervention from the staff.

He's still biting me periodically, but much much less and I get "slow mouth" too. What it looks like is he slowly moves toward your arm/hand/finger with his mouth open, making his intent perfectly clear. It's really funny, unless you don't stop him in time.

Graham Cracker Lady
On a separate note, I have become the bad influence mom. There's a baby in Infant II with Kieran who's mom is having a hard time getting the kid to continue to eat baby food, but doesn't know what to feed him. She did at least move to cereal bars this week but the kid loves the graham crackers that I give to Kieran as his pre-breakfast snack. He and Kieran have been sharing them for about 2 weeks now. Ken is horrified - how would I feel if I found out another mom was secretly giving Kieran food? (He's right, I'd be ticked at first, but then I'd go out and buy whatever it is that he liked.)

Anyway, now the kid is refusing to eat whatever is given to him, instead waiting for the Graham Cracker Lady to appear with her morning bounty. Good thing they're fairly inexpensive. I think that Chrissy is planning to talk with the mom today because they said that next week Ben would have to share with Kieran his own graham crackers.

No comments: