Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Minor Rant

A few things bugging me today...

First, we accidentally left my car unlocked this past weekend. A few things were stolen but nothing I'm really going to miss (maybe my winter jacket) but it's irritating that people feel free to avail themselves of things that don't belong to them. It's frustrating and upsetting that this happens regularly. At least my car wasn't busted open and it wasn't one of the many, many times I left my cell phone in the car overnight. So, there's that.

Next, we had a toy phone. The Bright Lights Phone by Vtech. Kieran dropped it one day and it stopped working. It was a great diaper bag toy and I was disappointed that it broke. So I called them, thinking maybe we could get it fixed. They had me try one thing (take the batteries out, flick the on/off switch multiple times) which didn't work, so I called customer service. We've had the phone for probably 5-6 months and Kieran dropped it. Apparently both of these statements null the warranty. Quite frustrating. I understand that dropped toys cannot always be replaced but it's a freaking BABY TOY and should be able to withstand some dropping. I'll give them that they at least offered that if I sent the toy in they'd replace it for 50% off. Since the toy cost about $15, by sending it in and buying the 50% off one, I'd be right back up to full price. No deal.

OK, those are my rants. Do you have one?

No comments: