Monday, November 26, 2007

Good Family, Bad Airplane

Had a wonderful time for Thanksgiving with Andy & Wendy (plus kids), Mutti & Poppop, Charles, Vicki and John & Tamara (plus kids). All the food was fantastic and the kids really were enjoying each other (and Kieran too).

Hanukkah at Uncle Gary's was good too. Always nice to have breakfast and then dessert - isn't that the way it should always be (or, because we did it at 11, is that considered Brunch)? Anyway, since we haven't done our professional photos we suck and didn't have a gift for Bubbie. We'll be doing Hanukkah with Dad and Dar this coming weekend.

Tree Lighting and Other Traditions
We are trying to figure out best our holiday traditions this year. Ken has always put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving (at least in years that we had a tree - one year the cats broke it) so we did that on Friday. Kieran was sick with a cold most of the weekend so we generally stayed inside to get him well enough for Hanukkah on Sunday.

Stockings are hung. I must admit I am very sad to see Milo and Tucker's stocking not there. I bought Kieran a new stocking and I needed one too (mine lost its loop). It all looks very nice and festive and Santa has already given Kieran a sack of Hanukkah geld (those chocolate coins). This is tradition I think we'll have each year. Since Santa will know that Kieran is a Jew who celebrates Christmas. We're still figuring out the rest but hopefully it will all gel nicely.

OK I'm here in Vegas and I may try and catch a nap before things get moving. I may not blog again until after I get back but I do promise to share the photos we took this weekend. There are some great ones of Kieran and Andy playing.

No comments: