Friday, February 08, 2008

Studmuffin

Every night when I go to get Kieran from daycare I usually get a smile/greeting from Carolyn (the little girl that he bonded with in Infant I). I've also heard that he's got a new girl too - Aashna, who is the ruler of Infant II. Yesterday when I walked into the room, Kieran came to greet me as he usually does (big smile, big hug) and Carolyn came over too. While Kieran and I were hugging she decided she wanted to join in. So there we were, me, Kieran and Carolyn in a group hug. Then, right in front of me, she kissed him. Bang on the mouth! I'm sitting there laughing. Kieran's just trying to get me to pick him up (but he's also interested in being kissed).

All of a sudden I look up from the group love going on to see Aashna, crouched down just a bit to see us all, and she's smiling at me. She finds this all very amusing too. Erika and Nikki (Caregivers in Infant II) are laughing and amazed. Nikki mentions that so long as Kieran remembers that he loves her best (above Carolyn and Aasha), and Erika says "Wait, I was here first!" So I had to remind ALL these women that I came before any of them.

Whew. I'm going to have my work cut out for me when he hits his teens and actually gets interested in girls.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is SO CUTE! Mabel had her first kiss on Wednesday at Gymboree! (I'm sure this wasn't Kierans FIRST kiss...) A little boy crawled over to her, and planted a kiss right on her mouth! It was the cutest thing! Ben started doing push ups and sit ups that night. He figures he needs to bulk up before Mabel hits her teens! ;)

Kikentai Triathlon said...

That's my boy!

Ben said...

Kieran the Kassanova!