Friday, February 22, 2008

Ice and Snow and Freezing Rain

Well, it may not keep me from blogging but it certainly can put a damper on the day (and into the weekend). Ken's at home with Kieran as we had a doctor's appointment today (canceled) and daycare was running on a shortened day (closed at 1pm) and I had an event in York, PA which is about an hour away. We had a tiny bit of snow last night and it's raining now and everyone is freaking out about the bad weather. Having driven in it, I can say it's not that bad. So, I'm at work but when I get home, Ken's got to get some work done and he needs to do some more this weekend.

Unfortunately, I think Kieran's ears are bothering him. He woke up twice last night (one of those I slept through completely) and woke up early today. I hope he'll sleep well for Ken so he can do a bit of work during the nap (or get some additional sleep as he not only got up early - 5 am - but also did both wake up calls last night). Kieran's been holding his ears and grumping so it won't surprise me if his ears are bad, we'll have to get a new appointment on Monday. I may try and call tomorrow when they're open and see about getting an early Monday morning appointment just to get it all taken care of.

Anyway - that's pretty much it. Not much else new or exciting. There are some nice events in the coming weeks - two separate Moms/Dads Night Out in the neighborhood, a dinner with some friends for me, and a return to exercising for Ken. He's been pretty bummed about not being able to workout because of the flu, but he's still on the tailend of being sick. OK, back to work. Love to all - stay warm and safe.

No comments: