Monday, February 18, 2008

Recuperation

Ken's feeling better, if a bit weak and still pretty tired. I feel badly but I've got a business trip today (leaving tonight, home tomorrow night) so he'll be on his own for a short while and he's not 100% up to snuff.

Though I must admit, I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit longer than I've been. Kieran woke up inexplicably at 2:20 this morning, Ken made a bottle, I fed it to him (barely awake) Ken said I was out before my head hit the pillow upon returning to bed. This is very possible as I barely remember the entire ordeal except that I'm still pretty dang tired.

Kieran is not at daycare today (they've got a teacher in-service day so the whole shebang is closed) and he and I have been hanging out and having fun. I took him to the park again today (took him there for a bit on Saturday) and he's just really quite funny. At first he's shy and timid, doesn't want me to put him down at all. Then he gets into the mode of "I can explore so long as I'm holding mom's hand." Then he doesn't want to leave. We stayed for about 40 minutes total. It's BEAUTIFUL here today - about 50 degrees with barely a wind and a strong sun.

Anyway, taking a brief break from work right now to blog - gotta get back to it.

No comments: