Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Flu

No, not Kieran, Ken.

Ken's been sick since Sunday -shivering and shaking, etc. He's had trouble sleeping and has not been to work all week.

3 am I wake to the light from our bathroom. Ken is up and he's heading to work, then to the hospital (I know, priorities, right?). After that, I was pretty much awake (I went to sleep at 11 pm so I'm operating on a small number of hours), I read for a bit managed to get back to sleep for 40 minutes before Kieran woke up.

The good news? It's the flu and with fluids and bedrest (until at least Sunday) should take care of it. Oh, and Kieran's had his flu shot. The bad news? It's the flu and there's nothing to be done but rest and wait to get better - not something Ken's really that good at (sorry babe, I love you but you are not patient with these things).

OK back to work for me. We survived the ice storm and all is well otherwise. Love to all will try to blog again soon. Maybe more pics soon.

No comments: