Tuesday, April 10, 2007

O Sleep, Where Art Thou?

Believe it or not, I can't blame last night on Kieran. Yesterday he definitely didn't feel very well. Would fuss for about an hour, eat, and then sleep. He went to bed early (about 8:30) and slept until 1 am.

The problem started when I couldn't get back to sleep when I drug myself back to bed at 2. I kept tossing and turning and my brain kept thinking of all the things I needed to do tomorrow (none of which I have done yet). Finally around 3:30 or 4 I fell asleep. Kieran, however, woke up again shortly after 4 am and was hungry again. I got up, fed him and tried to get him to go back to sleep. He was having none of it. I finally gave up at 5 am and asked Ken to go in to give him a bottle because I needed at least one more hour before I had to get up.

Ken (he is the best husband in the entire world, I swear) gave Kieran a bottle, got him back to bed. He was up at that point so he did some exercise, took a shower and walked the dog so I could have a little more sleep. He really is too good to me.

That's about it. Kieran is smiling up a storm (usually) and looking at EVERYTHING. We're hoping the weather will warm up soon so Ken can take him back to the Aquarium - last time Kieran LOVED it and was up for about 2 hours looking at all the different fish. He still liked the tubes with the bubbles the best, but he hasn't seen the dolphin show yet.

Love to all. Will blog again soon.

No comments: