Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Who's Coming to Pick this Kid Up?

I really still feel like I'm babysitting. I know it sounds strange, but if you think about how different life is when you have a baby around - my schedule is his schedule (4 am wake up call, 8 pm bedtime) - you'll understand. I said this to my neighbor last night and she laughed. She said "No one ever really tells you the truth about these things. No one wants to say something like that." But it makes total sense. I've baby sat before - it's just like that. Only no one is coming to pick this kid up from my house. And that's weird.

I had a breakthrough with Kieran last night. He's been VERY fussy for me in the evenings around bedtime. Part of it is I think he is just fighting sleep. He gets tired but doesn't want to sleep this equals crying baby. Not fun, especially when I only get about 2 hours of Kieran time each day before he goes to bed. After a half hour of crying and stopping and crying and stopping I finally got him to fall asleep. Usually I need Ken to get him to settle down (he's better with Ken than with me) but last night he finally got it. I wasn't trying to be mean, just trying to help him sleep.

We have had another first over the weekend - he is now sitting facing forward in his stroller. I hope to have some new pictures to post soon. He can sit with help right now. In another month or two he should be able to sit by himself. So very very strange this little being. The cutest thing he's doing right now is playing with his feet. He's not flexible enough to touch his toes with his hands (I think he inherited Ken's flexibility) but he rubs one foot against the other and keeps watching his feet when he's sitting down. So freakin cute and kinda funny too.

OK back to work for me. Blog again soon.

No comments: