Monday, September 18, 2006

Midwifery

So, I think we found the midwife we like - she didn't give me crap about my weight (said that losing 4 pounds - now that I've gained it all back - was just fine, it probably meant I was eating healthy - shows her, I really just wasn't eating at all) and she was able to provide the next line to "You're that clever land shark, aren't you?" from an old SNL skit. Anyone with that type of sense of humor can't be bad.

On the downside of things, I do have another blood test to do - the blood sugar test. I don't have to fret too much about that until my next appointment but it will have to be done. I tried to beg off on it, asking if they could just check my urine for sugar and unfortunately it doesn't always show up there. So that sucks - and I'm sure the women at Qwest Diagnostics are not going to be pleased to see me again. Oh well, I'll survive. I did the last time.

Other than that, things are good. We did a VERY short stint of helping my brother out this past weekend with his 3 little ones. They are all so cute! Pete adores his Uncle Ken and continued to scream to get his attention. Becca liked to help me ensure that Ken was studying and not watching TV and Zack scored a goal at his soccer game, though I think he enjoyed the breaks more than the game itself.

Not much else to tell, I am back up to my starting weight (gained 4 pounds) and am keeping a food journal to try and keep myself healthy-ish as this progresses. I think I may have actually hit a few cravings. Mac and Cheese and mushrooms so far. Though I'm not sure if that was me or the little one. Probably a bit early for that. We started filling in the baby book and the room will be done by the end of this week (at least the drywalling, etc will be done, we still have to paint and install carpet). We've changed themes from an underwater one to a jungle/animal theme. I think they're both fun but we'll have to make up our minds soon as we need to paint and get carpeting.

For those who have asked on how they can post - under each post of mine is a "comments" section. Click on this (even if it says (0 Comments)) and you can add your 2 cents' worth. I do check this often and love the feedback. Everyone will be able to view your comments so keep that in mind as you post.

Love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my FAVORITE knocked up chica ever!! Thanks for the humor, you're giving me all of the benefits of being pregnant without all of the messy ending!! You're the best!!

Anonymous said...

Jana,

The craving are not too early. I craved from the minute I found out I was pregnant with Sammi. I miss you guys sooooo much. I am saving money so that I can fly Sammi and I out to see you and the new little one when he comes. I am going to start to cross stitch a picture for spike's room. What amimal do you want on it. E-mail me!! Love, Micki

Anonymous said...

Jana, have you considered a prehistoric/dinosaur theme for Spike's room? Or maybe chemical diagrams (should you want him to be a chemist)?, etc.