Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Don't Mess with the Pregnant Lady

So I'm going crazy about the eating/gaining weight thing along with freaking out if I don't feel the kid move at least once a day. I'm certain Ken is going to gag me shortly as he's sick of hearing me freak out.

I don't think I've gained any weight right now, but I am still keeping my food journal. When I'm at the office I do pretty well ensuring that I eat every few hours. It's when I'm at home that I don't do as well. Though my appetite is increasing a bit, and I'm hoping that soon my food aversions will go away - I'm still having the hardest time eating chicken unless it's breaded. Which isn't all that good because most of the places that serve it breaded only serve it that way fried. Kinda defeats the purpose of ordering that and not beef. Oh well, hopefully Spike will get over his fear of poultry.

Other than that, things are going well. Saw lots of family this past weekend, which was very fun. Ken was excited because Zack and Pete (my brother's boys) were all over him, calling for his attention (though sometimes they called him "uncle crazy" instead of Uncle Ken), and generally just hanging out. He's going to be a GREAT Mr. Mom, even if he is freaked out about it.

I do believe that we have 100% decided on a name - though I won't post it until I'm 24 weeks. Yes, this is dumb superstition but I don't care. I can be as crazy as I wanna be. As Andy would say "Don't f*** with the pregnant lady." Or, Ken's more PG rated "What the pregnant woman wants, the pregnant woman gets." I'm trying not to take advantage of that right now, but who knows what hormones will bring in the coming months.

OK, somebody please comment on all this - I'm DYING without feedback!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are WAY too funny and how in the WORLD did you come up with SPIKE? I am soooooooo excited for both of you! I am assuming that morning...or afternoon and night and middle of the night sickness has ceased to occur-I certainly hope so! I am always thinking about you and praying for all three of you. Love you.