Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Happy Hanukkah

First night of Hanukkah was last night. We lit the candles, said the blessing, it was nice to share this tradition with Kieran and Ken. We're still looking to figure out all of our traditions and I'm sure that some will evolve from what we did as kids and some will evolve from our lifestyle and Kieran's ideas as well.

Got a HUGE box of presents from Debbie which we put under the tree last night (though Ken informs me this is the only year that presents can be under the tree in advance of Christmas eve). We're now struggling because we need to recycle the great big box and our next recycling day isn't until Friday of next week. BAH - I may have to compromise my desire to recycle with my desire to move around the living room. Or we'll throw it down in the basement and remember to recycle it next year :-).

Kieran is still not feeling well - coughing and sneezing up a storm, but otherwise in good spirits. If this continues this weekend, I'll call the doctor on Monday. It's so frustrating because just as he seems to recover from one cold, he just flips right on into the next one. I'm concerned that he may have allergies or it could just be the nature of daycare.

Anyway - he slept great last night, though I think his throat is a bit sore today (his nose was completely booger-covered when I saw him this morning so I'm fairly certain he was a mouth-breather all night). Ken and I have fallen into the very very bad habit of staying up until 11 pm (the horrors) and I've been dragging all week. I'm also coming down with something of my own, but I've started back up on my Multi-vitamin and hopefully that will help some.

A bit of daycare news...
So, last night I come to get him and he's walking. He's holding onto a chair but he's walking. He seems to be doing this more and more. I'm fairly certain he'll walk before Christmas but I've been betting he'll walk within a month for 3 months or so now. There were other parents there picking up their daughter, the husband turns to me and says "Smiling. This one," (points at Kieran) "is always smiling when I see him." Its nice to know that he really does have a great mood most of the time.

Other than that, he's been doing well. He's battling a diaper rash along with the coughing but that (diaper rash) goes away fairly easily.

OK back to work for me. I travel again next week (poor Ken!).

No comments: