Friday, December 21, 2007

Dang Ears!

He's got a dual ear infection again. Back on antibiotics, but otherwise okay.

Here's a quick rundown of what happened. Wednesday at 4pm I got a call from daycare. Kieran had thrown up twice and had a "large bowel movement". I had originally intended to get him to the Dr's on Thursday but due to this, we took him down to the Nighttime Pediatrics place that's in Columbia.

I took him there straight from daycare but neglected to make an appointment (the first time I went they said I didn't need it). After getting there I was told that the earliest they could see me was 7:40 pm (it was around 5). So, we headed home for dinner and hanging out before going back.

We got there around 7:30 pm and ended up waiting about an hour before we could be seen (an emergency took precedence). After being weighed (they think he's only 18 lbs, about a half pound less than he weighed at his last doctor's appointment) and generally checked, they looked at his ears. Yep - dual ear infection again. They're putting him on a different antibiotic so that if this is a continuation of the first infection there's less chance of it being resistant to the drug. We've got a follow up appointment set for Darleen's birthday (that's Jan 2) with his regular doctor to see if everything is cleared up.

He hates medicine - and this has been no exception. Ken gave him the stuff this morning but Kieran was hanging upside down and some of the medicine came out his nose. Poor baby. Ah well, if he didn't fight us so hard on this, we wouldn't resort to these issues. So anyway - overall he's in great spirits and isn't having any issues. He's back at daycare today and we'll be having fun all next week. I had to take yesterday off as daycare said he couldn't come back the next day with so much spit up. He slept a lot yesterday (about 4.5 hrs during the day) but I think he needed it.

Now if only I can catch up on my sleep. Maybe after we buy our new mattress.... love to all. Happy Holidays!

No comments: