Monday, December 03, 2007

Flights of Family

So, my flight from Vegas did not arrive until nearly 4 in the morning on Saturday (originally slated to be in around 1 am). I had not slept but made it home by 5 am and was asleep by 6 am (when Kieran woke up). I was THRILLED to see Kieran when I got up at 10:30. He was not as excited to see me.

He warmed up to me after he realized I wasn't going anywhere again. We had a good time hanging out together in the house on Saturday. Just me, Ken & Kieran. We skipped the photo shoot as I would have looked like a panda bear with big circles around my eyes.

Sunday we had Uncle Irv's tombstone unveiling to attend. For those who are confused - in the Jewish faith we don't put anything on the tombstone right away. About a year after the funeral we do an unveiling of the finished stone, complete with a few prayers. Got to see a lot of family and had some nice food at Aunt Helen's.

Afterward, we headed to Dad & Dar's for Hanukkah (I know, I know, we're early). Had a really good time there and Kieran LOVED chasing all his cousins - and I'm pretty sure they liked being chased. He's doing more and more walking - I feel like I left a baby and came back to an almost-toddler. Its sad and cool at the same time. No, this does not mean that I am thinking another baby anytime soon, if ever. We will adopt when we're able (do you hear that Dad?).

Anyway - thanks again to Dad and Dar for the cool gifts. Kieran just loves his ducks. Have a great cruise and we'll see you again soon. For Andy and Wendy - we'll see you next week at our next family outing. Then you're free of us for two whole weeks and then we'll do it all again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can always hope can't I? Keep trying will you!!! LOL Dad