Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Daycare and Colds

Kieran has had a cold for about 6 weeks now (off and on). He has a few days each week or two where he's fine. Then the snot just comes back.

He hasn't really been fussy about it or having trouble sleeping so I haven't bothered the doctor about it. I've been under the (probably right) assumption that he gets a cold, gets over it, then catches another one at daycare. I called the doctor yesterday (finally caved) and they said, yes, this is likely the case but please bring him in anyway just so they can check on him. He's not feverish and his appetite has been fine so they're not that worried. We'll go to the doctors tomorrow, likely after work - I'll post on Friday to tell you what they said.

I haven't posted in awhile because I've been very busy between work and getting ready for the holidays. I'm still at a complete loss as to what to do for Kieran's birthday. I know the party is for me and whatever we do either has to be an early brunch (10 am or so) or an early dinner (4:30 pm or so) because he has lunch at 12 and usually promptly falls asleep afterward. At home he can sleep for up to 3 hours. Sometimes I have to go and wake him after 3.5 hours.

Not much else new, we're looking forward to ripping the wrapping paper off all the gifts under the tree (we have bought Kieran precisely 1 gift for Christmas, everything else under the tree has come from Ken's family). Then we're heading over to my brother's house for a Christmas dinner which I'm really looking forward to. Now that Kieran is walking he's able to be even more interactive with my nephews and niece. They all seem to enjoy him. I can't wait until he's a bit older and they can actually play together.

Hopefully we'll get some photos uploaded to the blog soon (as well as the promised video of walking). Other than that, I better get back to work. I'm off next week since daycare is closed. Love to all, happy holidays!

No comments: