Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry (belated) Christmas!

Had a really nice time yesterday making turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. Eating it was even better! Ken and I had a nice, low-key Christmas with some friends and we watched a few Christmas movies to keep us in the spirit.

As we head into this home stretch, Ken and I are talking about a lot of things - what we'll want for the delivery (if we get a choice), making a list of people to call so we don't forget anyone, packing the bag for the hospital, how to talk about Santa Claus and Hanukkah, all kinds of crazy things. We were watching A Christmas Carol (the 1938 version) last night and Ken and I had the same thought "Does anyone name their kid Ebeneezer anymore?".

I'm feeling good but tiring pretty easily. I've started to sleep a little bit better - though I still get up about an hour or two before the alarm (some days I'm able to go back to sleep - other days I'm not so lucky). The little one is in a weird position - I feel somewhat lopsided. We'll see what the midwife says on Friday (next appointment). From there on out we'll see the midwives/doctors once each week until the delivery.

Ken also was able to snag us an appointment with a pediatrician on Friday as well - we've got at least one more to interview (I like to comparison shop) before we'll make a decision. The one we're interviewing on Friday is in Columbia, we got a recommendation of one that's in Cross Keys, but we're not sure they're accepting new patients right now.

Other than that, I'm just trying to get everything together at the office. I'll have a meeting this week with my boss to go over everything on my plate and what will need to be done while I'm gone. I have a lot of work yet to do, but I think I'll be able to get it all done.

Ken starts his Bar Review course tomorrow, but he started studying for it on Sunday. He's got about 300-500 pages every day to read. It's pretty daunting, but I know he's up to the challenge.

About it for now. Back to work for me, Merry Happy Whatever to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jana - Merry, Happy, whatever to you, Ken and Kieran, too. All my best wishes for Ken's passing first time! I really appreciate/enjoy your postings.

Wynne