Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Final Countdown Begins

Nothing much is new right now. We've got the nursery together - complete with crib, changing table, diaper stacker, diaper genie, laundry basket and toys. We have a new stroller and a car seat. We have registered all new items with the manufacturers to ensure we get notification of any recalls.

Ken is in final countdown for his finals - he has two days of school left (today and tomorrow) and then several days of finals. He is done with finals on December 20. He starts his bar review course on December 27. They (bar review folk) say he's going to need about 4-5 days of prep time before his bar review course. So the 7 days we thought we had together are now down to 2.

I'm at 33 weeks today, which means only 7 weeks until I'm "full term". I'm starting to hyperventilate a little bit about all the things I want to have done at my office before I split. I'm taking advantage of a quiet day today and tomorrow to get a lot of that prep work done (and cleaning of my cube so things are more easily found). But I know that people here will survive without me.

Next appointment is tomorrow - Ken won't be able to make it and he's quite upset about it, but he needs to focus on studying and getting ready for finals. I'll be talking with an OB/GYN about circumcision and a few other things. We'll see how I did on weight this time around (the appointment after Thanksgiving I had gained about 5 pounds in 2 weeks - but they did give me some leeway because of the time of year). I've been working on eating healthier but my appetite has both increased and decreased at the same time. I don't know how better to explain it other than I am hungry at the same time I am overly full. Any formerly pregnant woman probably knows what I mean.

The 4 am wake ups I'm getting from Milo (our cat) are killing me, but I'm usually able to go back to sleep. I'm so glad I allow myself a cup of coffee in the morning, I don't think I'd be able to survive right now without it. Hope all is well with everyone! Have a wonderful holiday and I'll blog again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not just missing the doctor's appointment because I have to study, but there is a very important review session Friday afternoon that I have to make in order to prepare for my finals. I hate missing the appointment, but I really need this review session.

Anonymous said...

Ken none of us thinks you just blow off the doctors appointments because you don't feel like going so stop stressing. You men act like we women think you all are the most terrible people in the world if you can't make one or two of the appointments. We know you have a good reason or you'd be there.