Monday, November 27, 2006

Thank You Thank You Thank You!


I'm so thankful for everyone who was able to make it to the shower this past weekend. I know it was a crazy weekend to do it, with the Thanksgiving holiday, but we really appreciated seeing everyone - especially my mother-in-law who flew in for the occasion and went more than a little crazy at both Target and Babies R Us.

Here's a little photo of Ken and I at the shower - it's the obligatory photo of the guy with the beer in his hand next to his pregnant wife (my brother's baby shower photos had him with a beer in his hand in EVERY photo). Good thing I don't like beer :-). We enjoyed hanging out with everyone and really appreciated the gifts (believe it or not the thank you cards are already written, but it may take me a while to dig up your snail mail address - oh this age of electronic media).

The day after the shower my brother was coming to Baltimore to watch the Steelers get their butts kicked (sorry Andy) and he cleaned out his storage areas by providing us with a crib, changing table/dresser and lots of clothes, toys and other necessities. Can't say thank you enough! Ken and I then spent about 3 hours putting the nursery together (I SWEAR I will get some photos of that posted soon). We also did our first loads of baby laundry so we could begin to get the room in order and ready for Kieran. It seems very very strange.

On a sad note, Ken's grandmother passed away over the weekend. Madonna Gauvey will be sorely missed and Ken is going to be travelling this week to Ohio to join his family for the funeral. Ken says that Thanksgiving was her favorite holiday so its somewhat fitting that she passed away after that holiday. She at least got one more in. My apologies that I cannot be there - but I am not supposed to travel at this time, as it is too close to my due date. My thoughts will be with you this week.

No comments: