Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Get Me Some Twigs - I'm Nesting!

Yeah, that nesting thing is for real. Got home last night and had a bug to finish installing the carpet. Took me about an hour and when I was finished, I had the urge to empty the dishwasher and do some dishes in the sink. After all of that my stomach kicked in and I had to be done so I could eat for the next hour.

I'm hoping the trend will continue tonight so I can get even more done around the house as we near the end of the waiting period.

Had a bad adventure this morning - got a flat tire on I-95. While I was waiting for Ken to come to my rescue, a Courtesy Patrol (something the Maryland Highway Administration offers) came and put my spare on free of charge. Ken arrived just as he was finishing up. Of course immediately after I went to the shop and got 4 new tires as well as the oil change I knew we needed. Ken's happy that we've got the new tires as winter is coming.

Other than that fun time, not much is new. Trying to get the house in order for Debbie (that's Ken's mom for those keeping track) to not see what a mess we've made. Now that the carpet is done, we can put away some additional things and determine where a few others go. Next big step is to buy curtains and shades for the room - we've got that on tap for this weekend over in Fells Point. Hopefully we'll find something we like.

Will blog again when the mood strikes.

No comments: