Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm Glowing

The sugar levels were fine, so I think I'm done with all my testing. Can I get a WHOO HOO!!!

Went to my cousin's B'Nai Mitzvah this weekend (like a Bar Mitzvah only with two kids instead of one) and everyone was telling me I was glowing. I'm hoping this is not a really nice way of telling me that I'm getting fat in the face. Mostly I think my family was happy to see me not sick/green and losing weight.

My dad had us sit and talk with the Rabbi during the reception after the ceremony about the different issues surrounding circumcision, a Briss (ceremony where a boy child has his forskin removed, among other things) and naming ceremonies. It was interesting and helpful, if somewhat unexpected. We're still not going to do a Briss, but we will be doing a naming ceremony and now Ken is thinking about doing that at a temple - not something I was thinking of doing. We'll see. We've got a lot to get done in the next 11 weeks (yes, that's all I've got left).

The shower is soon to be upon us and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. We really set up the shower so that Ken's mom could come in and be a part of it, though we knew most of our friends and many of our family members might not be able to attend. So thanks to everyone who worked their schedules to make it and for those that can't - we understand and hope to see you once Kieran is here.

That's about all I've got for now, so many thoughts in my head but I've got to get to work. Lots to be done in the next few weeks!

No comments: