Tuesday, November 21, 2006

How Did it Get to be Now Already?

Holy crap! I just looked up at the calendar and realized how close to Thanksgiving it is. The closer it is to Turkey Day, the closer it is to delivery of the little bundle.

I have no idea how we're going to get everything done, but on the plus side the room is 100% done. On Sunday my brother is being kind enough to bring up the crib and dresser/changing table he's giving to us. Once we've got all that assembled the room will be complete. I hope to have a picture of the room up tomorrow.

About all for now - feeling good though he wasn't really moving much yesterday. Today I'm stuck on conference calls and other webinars all day and he's kicking like a champion. Weird little guy. I'm tired overall but not due to fatigue (I don't think) more due to lack of sleep. I keep waking up from bizarre dreams only to be wide awake (and hungry) at 3:30 am. Today I was able to go back to sleep. Earlier on in the pregnancy I would wake up around 4 am and not be able to go to sleep again. I usually ended up downstairs with a bowl of oatmeal. Those days at the office were pretty hard.

Speaking of work... next week while my office is somewhat quiet I'll be putting together an outline of everything needing to be done while I'm gone. I only expect to be out February and March but we'll see how it all goes. It really depends on when Kieran decides to show up. I'm convinced that he's coming early. I don't know why really. My brother is rooting to share his birthday (Jan 19), only 6 days before my due date.

Ken is doing well, only 3 weeks to go before his final finals at school. Then he gets five glorious days of break before beginning his Bar Review course. I have plans for most of those days already :-).

OK, got another web cast to sit through. I hope you eat until you burst on thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jana,

He is not weird. When you are up and moving he is being rocked to sleep by your movements so he sleeps more. When you have to sit still a lot, he's not being rocked so he kicks more. If you want him to kick, sit still for an hour and blare an alarm clock right at your belly. I had to due this a lot with Sammi.

Love, Micki