Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Random Thoughts and Stories

Ken's got a trip to Vegas this week for the AILA conference so I'm doing the single mom thing. I'm going to try hard to post once a day so Ken doesn't feel like he's missed much. Bedtime tonight went fairly easily. It's pouring down rain and Kieran and I spent a little time looking at the rain before bed. I think it's the first time he noticed there were windows in his room. This could be because we keep them covered most of the time, who knows?

Kieran's 100% potty trained. We stopped using pull-ups at night since he was dry each night and it was just a waste. I guess he was ready. We've had a total of 3 accidents, 2 on his first day of real underwear and one since then. I think he loves going to the potty, being a big boy (and the poop on the potty song which I change each time he requests it). He's one of the few kids in his room who doesn't wear pull-ups, but he just doesn't need them. I'm so unbelievably proud of him.

A story I've been meaning to tell....
When we did our make-up mother's day at Dad & Dar's Ken was sharing his dessert with Kieran. Kieran kept asking for "more cookie." Ken gave him a bite. I told Kieran that it's okay for him to ask for the cookie, but he needed to say please next time. He looked at the cookie after he had just taken a bite and said "Please next time!"

Car troubles continue....
My "malfunction" light came on yesterday as I came home from work. I looked it up and it's probably something to do with fuel injection and the car needs to go to the shop. There was a silver lining to this, since the car is driveable during the time that light is on, Ken agreed to take my car to the airport and I'm driving his car. At least the light came on before Ken left and not after.

Ken got a Prius a little while ago and I'm learning how to drive all over again. You can see how fuel efficient you are and the more you lay on the gas the less efficient you are. My frugal side is warring with my speedy side. So far frugal wins - I'm averaging 41.6 miles per gallon.

Today's Comment (for Ken):
Kieran had a great time today counting dinosaurs all by himself & in the correct order! (Cognitive development: We counted from 1-10 using toy dinosaurs) Good nap, lots of poop. I love you babe.

1 comment:

Kikentai Triathlon said...

That is so incredibly awesome. I'm so proud of my boy!