Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sleep Issues

It finally happened. Kieran has begun to really fight us on bedtime. He's also waking up multiple times at night. I did some reading and apparently this is normal. Frustrating, but normal. For example, it's nearly 9:15 pm. Bedtime is at 8. I hear him upstairs right now. If I continue to hear him kicking, I'm going to have to go up there (again) which I'm trying to avoid.

This has become SOP. He's not been going to sleep until after 8:30 most nights and is up by 6:30 most mornings. How the heck did this happen and when will it be over?

OK, I have to go put his butt back to bed (again). If my neighbors don't stop pissing and moaning over whatever sport they're watching I'm going to have to go next door and be obnoxious neighbor and tell them to keep it down. BAH.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Time to move?

Kikentai Triathlon said...

Definitely moving up our timetable to move. Like to wait until after April of next year though. As far as the neighbors, I think they hate me because I go over there a lot to tell them to shut the H*** up.

Katie said...

Good luck with the moving issue. As for waking up during the night, Mabel has been going through the same thing since Ruby was born. She still will go to sleep like normal but wake up in the middle of the night crying so we have to go in there. She hasn't done it in a week or so but I'm not going to say she's over it until I know for sure. Don't want to jinx it. I hope he makes it through this phase quickly!

Jana G said...

Yeah, he seems to be not waking up anymore but now he's fighting going to bed in the first place. I think I need the "Parenting a Willful Child" book from Wendy.