Thursday, April 02, 2009

Power Struggles

So, Kieran's been doing well at daycare this week. His 'issues' last week were centered around him wanting to do everything himself. We're at that age when he wants to do it all himself but he's not really able to do it yet.

*sigh*

He's also getting his way WAY too often. I realized that tonight when we were getting ready for bed. He likes to choose his PJs. Blue was his choice tonight. He then refused to put them on. No worries, I let it alone for awhile then tried when the time was running out and we needed to get him into bed. He LOST IT when I put the PJs on him. Opening the PJs drawer was the power struggle. I'm bigger so I won. He cried for about 10 minutes. Got him calmed down and to bed. I WIN! Oh, wait, I'm not supposed to feel that way, am I?

2 comments:

Kikentai Triathlon said...

OK, you know when you have watched Finding Nemo too much when....

Katie said...

I'm dealing with similar issues here too. Let me know when you've figured it out...