Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Popular

Been feeling pretty popular lately. This past weekend while Ken was out backpacking, Kieran and I had oodles to choose from.

Saturday morning we started out at the local playground, then we met up with Stephanie and Harry at Rolly Pollies in Crofton. Kieran had a GREAT time there - loved jumping on the trampoline, he did the zipline and swung from the rings. He even did the balance beam with Stephanie (though I missed it because I was with Harry). He slept for a LONG time (though nap was delayed to 2-4 instead of 1-3). Saturday evening we went out to dinner - just us - and he ate well, tried new food (which he hated, but hey - he tried it).

Sunday we got up and went over to the Nearly New sale in Howard County. There we picked up LOTS of new clothes (well, new to us), a few books and a new bath toy. All for about $20. I think I spent about $1 per item. We met up with Joshua, Beth and their son Justin (friends of ours from college who moved to the MD area). Didn't get much of a chance to talk as I was shopping and trying to keep an eye on Kieran - really hard to do. So, they want to get together soon.

After the sale we met up with Zadie for brunch/lunch at Mimis Cafe. Kieran had fun there, though he kept trying to tell me he'd "be right back" and leave the table. Zadie kept him very entertained and we all had a good time. Again, the nap moved to 2-4 but he slept.

This week I had dinner with friends last night and book club on Wednesday (I still haven't read the book - bad, bad Jana). Saturday we have about 3 things we got invited to go during the day and we have a baby shower that evening.

I don't know if it's just the time of year or what, but dang it, I feel loved. :-)

2 comments:

Katie said...

You are loved, Jana!

Jana G said...

Aww, thanks sweetie!