Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Love Bites!

Kieran got bit at daycare yesterday by another child. They can't tell us which kid did it, but did assure me that they will do everything they can to keep it from happening again. From what I understand Kieran was in the megasaucer, minding his own business when the other kid bit him. I do know that it wasn't any of the kids who are normally in his room - besides the fact that none of them have teeth yet...

He was fine, had two small red marks on his chin but got lots of kisses, hugs and some ice (after they washed the area with soap and water). The skin was not broken. I think it may have bothered him at some level because he woke up 3 times last night, faking us out each time. He would cry/make noise for a bit, we'd get up, go get a bottle and by the time we got to him he was fast asleep. Ken got up twice, I only got up once. I'm thinking that he was processing what had happened and it upset him but he doesn't know how to deal yet. My poor baby.

Though, I have to say, he's such a little flirt these days. Especially with the little girls. This morning, dropping him off, he couldn't take his eyes off of Anna (one of the older girls). He would just watch her and smile. He's also been playing quite a bit with Carolyn, who is just about his age. They are quite cute together as they play side by side, babbling at each other and sharing toys (and germs, I'm sure). Maybe one of the other kids bit him because he flirted with their 'girlfriend' or maybe one of the girls thought his attentions were unwanted. Who knows?

More on Our Marine
Ben's (that's Ken's younger brother for those looking at the family tree) doing okay now. He's finally getting the hang of being physically active from before sunrise until after dark. If he can do that I'm sure he can master climbing the rope, which is the only thing concerning him right now. He misses everyone but the whole family is writing him at least once a week - if not more often - and that's helping. I'll keep everyone updated on Ben's progress as I know more.

No comments: