Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Ken!

My hubby celebrates his birthday today by getting up early and going to a doctor's appointment with me. If that ain't love, I don't know what is... that and he's been putting up with my snoring for the past month or so.

The news is that Kieran is still sitting breech. I tried doing the exercises but kept getting very light-headed so pretty much stopped doing them. He really hasn't moved at all. So, by the end of the day today, we'll have a scheduled appointment to go in after him.

His heartbeat is good (140) and I did gain some centimeters (though I think the midwife may have called them sonometers, not sure if there is a difference) and am measuring at 35 (last time was 33). I gained only 1/2 pound since my last appointment - which is somewhat reassuring as I eat everything that isn't nailed down when I get home from work.

I guess having a firm date will be helpful, but I am still more freaked out about the needles than the actual procedure. We're waiting today to find out both the date and the doctor who will perform the surgery before I make my appointment for next week. That way, we can meet with the doctor him- or herself at our next scheduled appointment.

That's about it. I'm tired and somewhat freaked out to think that we'll have a kid here in roughly two weeks - the midwife said they'd likely schedule the surgery for my 39th week, which is 2 weeks from now.

Anyway - I'm looking forward to a fun weekend of celebrating Ken's birthday (since we can't really do it today, he's got class tonight and needs to study before it) and our last weekend or two of freedom. This is so weird...

No comments: