Sunday, January 14, 2007

Happy (belated) Birthday Charles!

OK, I am the worst sister in the world. I realized today when I was reviewing my post from Friday that I didn't wish Charles a Happy Birthday (though I did call him on the phone so I don't completely suck). I know he doesn't read this usually but maybe Drew does...

Anyway - just hanging out at home this weekend, getting our last minute things done. Need to do some serious grocery shopping today to keep us in groceries for the next few weeks. I've done about 4 meals in the freezer right now and I hope to get one or two more before Wednesday, but we'll see. Also need to do some cleaning. We have a cleaning service but there are some rooms we don't ask them to do, so I hope to get that done today, along with laundry. Finally, we're heading out in just a bit to hang out with my brother and his kids for brunch. We're going to have dim sum and I can't wait! I really wish we had a good dim sum place closer to us in the city. Ah well.

Working on Monday and Tuesday are going to be strange. I find it weird to be there just to be handing off projects. I hate doing that - I feel like I'm shirking my responsibility, even though I understand it is more responsible for me to hand off the project than to do the work myself. I'm sure on Wednesday I'll feel much better about the whole thing - or I won't be thinking of it at all :-).

On a last note (because I'm sure I won't be able to post for at least a week once I'm in the hospital) Happy (early) Birthday Andy! I'll be in the hospital for your birthday so wanted to be sure you didn't get left out. It's so weird to think that soon I'm going to have to remember to call you Uncle Andy in front of Kieran. Life as I know it is about to change, I couldn't be more frightened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be frightened. Know that it will be the happiest time and you will enjoy it a great deal. Sammi reminded me this morning that she will be nine soon and yet I can still remember the last days before going into the hospital like they were yesterday.

Ken - post pictures of the bundle of joy asap and give Jana a big hug for me.

Micki