Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things He Probably Won't Remeber Saying

Kieran's been mostly good Even being as cooped up as we've been. Tuesday we went to visit with his cousins (even though he'll spend all next week with them). He had a great time, but as we were getting ready to go, Aunt Wendy was holding Amelia and asking Kieran about her.

Wendy: Do you like your sister?
Kieran: We love her. We're going to keep her forever.
Wendy: Can I borrow her?
Kieran: No, we're keeping her forever, I love her, whatever she wants to do, I do.
Wendy (to me): You should get that on tape.

Yesterday was an adventure (not in a great way). I had this plan to go visit Kilby Cream, a dairy farm about an hour north of here. Right as we were trying to get onto I-95, the exit was blocked. Turning around, I clipped a curb and blew a tire. A new tire. The tire we JUST BOUGHT last week. Two big "thank goodness" happened. First, I was only 2 blocks from a location where we could get it fixed. Second was that we had bought the hazard insurance on the tires so we only paid for the hazard on the new tire ($15) instead of a whole new tire ($150).

This, however, meant that we were home-bound because we had no car while we waited. To get out after awhile, we walked down to Screwballs in Locust Point where they make snowballs and have ice cream. Kieran had never had a snowball before and had been seeing commercials for a slushee maker on TV. Thought he'd enjoy the treat. We got there and, after choosing "The Dora" kid's cup snowball, Kieran sat down and said several times "This is the best day ever." I promised him that we'd go again on Friday with Ken. He also told me while we were walking that whatever I say is correct and he'll do what I tell him. I said I wanted to record that, we'll see if he sticks to that.

No comments: