Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ah, Sleep

Mia's been sleeping with someone holding her on the sofa, pretty much since she's been born. She has hated to be set down, pretty much screaming bloody murder if you tried. Since we haven't been ready to try sleep training, we just split the night sleeping in bed (Ken would lay down with her from 10 until 2 when she fed and then it was my turn. I've missed laying in bed with my husband.

So, while Ken & Kieran enjoy the charms of Orlando and there is no one besides our neighbors (who, let's face it, deserve some tit-for-tat in the noise department) to wake up, I thought I'd begin sleep training.

My first night I didn't bother with the 10 pm slee because I was too tired. At her 1:30 wakeup, however, I took her upstairs, fed her and laid her down (around 2:45). She lasted one hour. Fed her again and she slept from 4 until 7. Hope to start in her bedroom tonight and will try to get the big sleep in her crib. We'll see. I don't know if I'll be able to get her to repeat the process. Fingers crossed everyone.

No comments: