Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sick?

Last night Kieran felt hot. I don't mean warm, I mean HOT. When we took his temperature it was 102. We gave him medicine and he went to sleep without complaint. Today, he's at home with me.

Still with 102 fever, but otherwise not acting sick at all. Its one of the wonderful/frustrating things about Kieran. He doesn't really let sickness slow him down. On the other hand it means Ken and I have to be super vigilant to ensure he doesn't go to school when he's sick. He's a bit less energetic today but I wouldn't call him lethargic. We've watched endless hours of TV, played with legos and I might see if a walk outside is too much for him.

Just for those who worry, I checked with the doctor's office and they said unless his fever runs for 3 days straight, don't bother bringing him in.

1 comment:

MsJoanie said...

Our doctor suggests not giving Tylenol unless the fever is OVER 102. Yeesh! Something about the body needing to fight the infection to build up resistance. Tell that to the little boy who's wimpering...