Thursday, September 24, 2009

Frogger

Kieran saw a frog at school today. I guess they found a baby frog near the playground. Ms. Shree told me that Kieran wouldn't go near it. He was a little away from it when it jumped and he ran. He wouldn't go close to it again. I asked him about it tonight and he said it scared him.

I'd worry more that he tells me a lot of thing scare him if I didn't know better. Its like when he makes the sounds as if he is crying but he is not actually crying. He does it to see if he can get away with it. He is both scared and interested in sirens (and most loud noises). If we're outside he'll grab my hand if he hears a siren but then he's craning his neck trying to look around to find it too. Weird cutie.

Another tale from school is that he grabbed an empty box of cereal from their home living area, a music stick and went around the room beating the box like a drum and dancing the the music. Kieran loves to sing (but not to hear me sing - tough nuggies kid), dance, play the drums, shake a marraca, and play guitar and piano. We don't just listen to regular kid music, though its part of what we do hear everyday. I get the radio in the car on the way to school in the morning and he can ask for whatever he wants to hear on the way home. He now requests Tracy Chapman to go to sleep, as well as Mary Mac (Carbon Leaf) and Bed, Bed, Bed (They Might Be Giants). Hopefully we'll create a kid who loves music of all kinds.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love TMBG, though I've never heard Bed, Bed, Bed. I wonder if Mabel would like it...

Jana G said...

Probably. Its on their NO! CD. They have a bunch of stuff just for kids. Andy turned us on to it.