Monday, September 21, 2009

The Great Purge Continues

Our friend Joshua was a great help to us this weekend taking a bunch of bulky items to the dump in our continuing effort to get stuff out of the house. While Ken and Joshua went to the dump (and back again) Kieran and I played with Justin and Beth. Justin turns 2 (this week I think) and we'll be heading to our first kid party in two weeks. I've been thinking about what to do for Kieran's 3rd birthday. We've avoided doing any big birthday thing just yet but I don't think we can stay away anymore. Right now the front runner idea is a gymnastics thing.

Sunday was the Federal Hill Street Beat Festival. We took Kieran early to Little Ones Lane so he could enjoy the inflated slide. He climbed all the way to the top looked down and decided he didn't want to go. But then he wanted to try again. Once he slid down he laughed and jumped and went again and again and again. I was glad we had gone early because after about 20 minutes of him going (I swear he went down the slide at least 15 times) we went to have lunch and by the time we got back there was a line five kids deep.

They also had a kiddie pool full of rice and toys for digging in the sand. He played there for quite some time. Ken found out about our new comic book shop, Alliance Comics, and we went for a visit. Kieran really liked looking at the comics even though we wouldn't let him down or let him touch them. He's still very into Batman and Ken is pushing for a Batman-themed birthday. I do think a Bat Signal cake would be quite cool.

That's about it. Slowly but surely getting the house in shape. Done with the contractor, who did okay. Plumber came today and fixed our kitchen sink. We'll likely need to repaint our front door this weekend or next and hire a house cleaner (WOO HOO). I hope all this money is worth it, I know Ken is ready to leave the city. I've got mixed feelings. Having a backyard for Kieran to play in would be nice, but I'll miss having everything walking distance, all the festivals, the attractions, etc. But not hearing my next door neighbors cheering (and jeering) during each and every football (baseball, basketball, etc) game would be really really nice. Especially when they're doing it late at night. They don't have a kid who wakes up at 6 AM. Every day. Maybe I'll knock on the door and they can babysit the next day. I mean, hey, they're still up....

No comments: