Friday, September 11, 2009

Vomit is Never Fun

Just a reminder that even though my little man can be an Energizer Bunny of entertainment and movement, every now and again he still has to stop. Sometimes stopping is less fun than others.

Wednesday night Kieran wasn't feeling well. When Ken & I went to bed Kieran was up (it was very late) and didn't want to go to bed. Ken took him to the bathroom and we put him back to bed. About 20 minutes later he was crying. After we got him he was content to sleep in bed with us but about 30 minutes after that I heard the dreaded sound. You know what I'm talking about. It's that pre-vomit sound. UGH.

Yeah, all over our bed. Ken took Kiearn to the bathroom to finish throwing up in the toilet. I changed the sheets. That morning, Kieran was still feeling warm and we split the day. I went work in the morning and Ken went in that afternoon.

When I came home at 11:30 that morning, Kieran asked if he was going to school. I felt so bad to keep him home but he needed the sleep and he was still running a fever. He didn't act like a sick kid, which he never really does. Last night his fever broke and today he was back at school. I think he was pretty happy to be there but I'll enjoy a vomit-free weekend (I hope) with our boy.

No comments: