Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Neighbors, Part 2

So, last night was BAD. And by BAD I mean the neighbors who have been demolishing their house in preparation for contractors were working until 11:30. Ken had to go and ask them to stop at least on the 2nd floor. They were kind enough to move to the 3rd floor to continue working. He was up until 12:30, I was up from the time he came back to bed until 3 am.

I checked on Kieran when I came to bed (they were still working) and he was out, so I didn't think anything of it. But this morning Kieran started crying and said "The banging." Ken asked if our neighbors had kept him up and he said yes. Ok, my sleep schedule you can mess with, but not my kid's.

We've gone over there 4 or 5 times to talk with them about noise. Today I learned something interesting... they are legally only allowed to work on the house from 7 am until 7 pm. Also, the demolition they're doing is not permitted. So, tonight I can go over there and tell them about the timeframe, explain that we're tired of asking them to keep it down, that we want them to get their work done but they need to have some consideration. I'll also tell them that my husband, the attorney, has had it and is ready to rat their non-permitted butts out, costing them a few grand and at least 8 months' time. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck! I hope you get more sleep tonight...

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to have a lawyer in the family!