Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hives and Other Stuff

Kieran had a bad case of hives last weekend. I think I saw them on Saturday but they didn't really show up in force until Sunday. We (and by we I mean Ken) took him to the Urgent Care place.... where they sat for 2 hours before leaving and heading over to the emergency room at the local hospital (he was in Columbia, since we were going to be at my dad's later that day). They also took two hours, but within that two hours we saw 3 different people and were moved through the system. No idea what caused the hives - could have been a lot of things, most of them stuff I had done unthinkingly for which I feel terrible.

He was fine and we had a great make-up mothers day dinner at Dad & Dar's. We gave him Benadryl for 3 days and his hives have disappeared.

Other than that things proceed normally. We're going to try cotton underwear this weekend since he's very good about telling us he needs to go potty. Still will do potty pants at night but I figure a long weekend will be a good time to see if he's ready for this step.

He's still fighting us on bedtime, but not as harshly. He pretty much knows its time to go to bed at 8, and is usually ready to settle in by 8:15, 8:30 at the latest. OK, enough blogging. Back to work!

No comments: